Studies on the Completed Torah, Pt. 12
April 9, 2011
Studies on the Completed Torah
As to the Redeemed in Yeshua HaMashiach
Studies on the Third Commandment
You shall not take the name of Y’HOVAH your ELOHIYM in vain; for Y’HOVAH will not hold him guiltless that takes his name in vain.
The Oath and Society
The oath of righteousness is the very foundation of the legal system
- Truth is established by the testimony of two or more witnesses
But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. – Matthew 18:16
One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established. – Deuteronomy 19:15
- Where there is no regard for truth – when men can utter oaths and vows with no intention of abiding by their terms, then social anarchy and degeneration ensue.
- Perjury is not prosecuted in Washington, and rarely anywhere else
- Y’hovah, however, will not hold him guiltless that swears a false oath
- The Presidential Oath and every other oath of office in the United States, was established precisely under the Third Commandment:
“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”
OATH OF THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND:
The Archbishop shall minister these questions; and the Queen, having a book in her hands, shall answer each question severally as follows:
Archbishop: Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the Peoples of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the Union of South Africa, Pakistan and Ceylon, and of your Possessions and other Territories to any of them belonging or pertaining, according to their respective laws and customs?
Queen: I solemnly promise so to do.
Archbishop: Will you to your power cause Law and Justice, in Mercy, to be executed in all your judgements?
Queen: I will.
Archbishop: Will you to the utmost of your power maintain the Laws of God and the true profession of the Gospel?
Will you to the utmost of your power maintain in the United Kingdom the Protestant Reformed Religion established by law?
Will you maintain and preserve inviolably the settlement of the Church of England, and the doctrine, worship, discipline, and government thereof, as by law established in England?
And will you preserve unto the Bishops and Clergy of England, and to the Churches there committed to their charge, all such rights and privileges, as by law do or shall appertain to them or any of them?
Queen: All this I promise to do.
Then the Queen arising out of her Chair, supported as before, the Sword of State being carried before her, shall go to the Altar, and make her solemn Oath in the sight of
[The Bible to be brought.]
all the people to observe the premisses: laying her right hand upon the Holy Gospel in the great Bible (which was before carried in the procession and is now brought from the altar by the Archbishop, and tendered to her as she kneels upon the steps), and saying these words:
- An intent to speak this as a false oath brings Divine judgment and the curse of the law upon the false speaker.
To despise, abuse, or profane the oath is therefore an offense which denies the validity of all law and order, of all courts and offices, and it is an act of anarchy and revolution.
- A false oath is a more serious offense then the act of stealing or even murder, because while theft robs a single man, and murder takes the life of a single man, a false oath is an assault on the life of an entire society.
- When you have confessed the atoning blood of Yeshua, and His ultimate propitiation for sin in your life, you are under the direct authority of Y’hovah Elohiym, and you are therefore always under an oath:
Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths: 34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God’s throne: 35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King. 36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black. 37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil. – Matthew 5:33-37.
- A false promise to pay is a false oath
- Members of the clergy who deny their baptismal and ordination vows to affirm heresy are violating their oaths.
Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?
Now reduced to:
Do you swear or affirm to tell the truth, the whole truth, and everything but the truth?
In some courtrooms they use:
Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and everything but the truth?
A witness who is asked to swear to tell the truth without any reference to God, means that the truth is now relative to the speaker.
The removal of God from oaths is a declaration of independence from Him. It is warfare against God in the name of new gods, apostate man and his totalitarian state.
Swearing and Worship
- Giving an oath by the name of God is part of religious worship
- Y’hovah alone is sovereign over the called out assembly, the state, the schools, the home, and every sphere and area of all creation.
- The name of our Elohiym is “that which may be known of Him” Romans 1:19.
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of Y’hovah shall be saved. Acts 2:21
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of Y’hovah shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as Y’ehovah hath said, and in the remnant whom Y’hovah shall call. Joel 2:32
10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Yeshua (יָשַׁע) HaMashiach of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom ELOHIYM raised from the dead, even by him does this man stand here before you whole. 11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. 12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:10-12
3 The God אֱלֹהִים of my rock צוּר; in him will I trust חָסָה: he is my shield מָגֵן, and the horn קֶרֶן of my salvation יֵשַׁע, my high tower מִשְׂגָּב, and my refuge מָנוֹס, my saviour יָשַׁע; thou savest יָשַׁע me from violence חָמָס. 4 I will call קָרָא on the LORD יְהֹוָה, who is worthy to be praised הָלַל: so shall I be saved יָשַׁע from mine enemies אֹיֵב. 2 Samuel 22:3-4
To take the name of Y’hovah in truth means thus to ground our lives and actions, our thoughts and possessions, and every law-sphere of life firmly and fully on Elohiym and His Torah.
In an age when men deny Elohiym (like today), there emerge two conflicting authorities:
- the totalitarian state; and
- the totalitarian anarchistic individual.
Absolute truth is abandoned for the doctrine of relativism – a communing of truth (a vulgar or profane expression of truth).
- A relativist society is an “open society” of the form desired by G. Soros.
- No firm right or wrong
- No firm good or evil
- No absolutes
- A relativist society is at war with the absolutes of the Torah.
15 They that fear Y’HOVAH will not disobey his word; and they that love him will keep his ways. 16 They that fear Y’HOVAH will seek that which is well, pleasing unto him; and they that love him shall be filled with the Torah. 17 They that fear Y’HOVAH will prepare their hearts, and humble their souls in his sight, 18 Saying, We will fall into the hands of Y’HOVAH, and not into the hands of men: for as his majesty is, so is his mercy.
– Sirach/Ecclesiasticus 2:15-18